Tuesday 18 October 2016

NON EVENT...




Well the prawns didn't gurgle my guts - not even slightly...?!?!

One has to wonder why take a risk on them?

BOREDOM mostly...

Yes boss, here I am in one the BIGGEST and most diverse cities on the planet. Every branch of culture, work and style of activity is here on a plate within 10 square miles of where I sit, and yet the best use I can find of my Monday is eating some out of date, out of the fridge for ages prawns to see if I can get a LIVE SICK BLOG!!! out of them...?

Complacency?

Maybe, but when it all boils down to it, London is just like the countryside. You have to make your own fun and no ammount of culture on your doorstep really helps with that.

Yes boss, some folks get REALLY into culture here, and they start to think it's important...

But culture addicts are no different to any other kind of addicts - in fact probably a lot worse because they claim some kind of intelligent enlitlement from their addiction - worse still they LOVE the elitism of their addiction.  Openings, Premiers, Exclusive Access, poncey talk with long words about some fart on a piece of paper or a stack of musical bricks.

I can't say I even give half a shit about any of it these days. I've seen and heard enough to last me a life time. The formulas are dry and tired - the business aspect all too apparent. The hidden failed talent is always better than the successful talent even if they never produce work.

GRINDING CAREERS
GRINDING GEARS

Yes boss, I'd take any kids 10 second sketch over most of what's in Tate Modern. Music? Everyones plugged in these days, into a drone world of BEATS and BUDS, and so they miss the music of life and rare random atmosphere. Listening to some half cooked digital shit that's supposed to be important over the SCRREEEEEECHS of the train?!?! Give me the train.

The only creative work I'm really intersted these days is my own and I'm not always very interested in that.

Anyway...

Can I call this a blog yet?

I'M A FEW BEHIND SCHEDULE AND I NEED TO SPOUT SOME MORNING THOUGHTS AND CATCH UP!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment